Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I did some more work on Lunapaint today. I got the painting back online in working order, meaning you can now use it for work. The screenshot to the right shows that it still needs a bit of polishing. On larger brushes, there is a small issue with a bitmap buffer loosing some data leading to artifacts... :-). I'm gonna hunt it down during this week. The antialiased painting is nice now though, specially with an 1x1px brush. Makes it faster to draw smooth gfx as well, no more 1% opacity unantialiased brushes to fake antialiasing.

As you can see in the screenshot, you now get information about which layer you are on and on which frame. Click on the image to see the full version of the screenshot.

Hopefully development will speed up a bit again now that I'm done [for now!] with the most boring parts of the Lunapaint code. After I fix the brush dataloss, I will start working on circles and clip brushes, and the brush editor (for custom brushes).... Yeah, one thing at a time!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent work, m0ns00n!

I'm very excited to see the animation capabilities to lunapaint! :-)

What kind of file types will lunapaint support for graphics and animations later? I hope MPEG4 would be possible.

Also, if lunapaint also get a basic sound studio to place samples to certain frames would be awesome!!!

AROS would then have a kick ass 2D animation studio! :-)

Also I like the 8bit part, kinda old school, and perfect for pixel art!

Happy coding!
Zevs

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi m0ns00n!

I have been thinking, and maybe MPEG4 is not the best one for lunapaint. A lossless file format would be better.

Then later on we could get a small utility that would convert to say divx/mpeg4 or others.

When lunapaint gets its animation capabilities, a set of temples would be useful. Different resolutions and 4/3 and 16/9 screen modes.

Must say that I am really impressed with how far lunapaint has progressed already!

Zevs

1:09 AM  
Blogger m0ns00n said...

Hey!

Thank you. I agree - another program should be used for exporting to various animation formats. However, if Rexx support grows in Aros/Zune, it might be possible to use it to export directly from within Lunapaint :-)

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home